This company is one of the largest legal document management business in the U.S, leader in deposition and litigation support solutions.
Every day, 650 depositions get uploaded by law firms from all 50 states into the legal company’s online database. Once there, they can be downloaded and shared by legal professionals and court officials who need to see them.
DEFINITION OF PROBLEM
The legal company needed a solution to manage its vast database of legal depositions and also wanted to provide a new online service that provided a litigation tool for documents, exhibits, depositions, videos, images, and more, all in one place available anywhere.
The legal company chose the SME File Fabric™ to manage its vast database. Their VP of Software Development looked at some of the leading file sync and share solutions in the market, including market leader Box (NYSE:BOX), before choosing the software from Storage Made Easy.
- They have rebranded the SME File Fabric and the solution has been fully integrated into their product offering, aligned with their corporate brand identity.
- They securely store legal documents that will be shared by a number of lawyers at a single law firm, and other documents that will be shared between several law firms.
- Lawyers can mark up the documents with annotations that will be visible only to colleagues at their own firms.
- It is inclusive of integrations for common Applications such as Outlook and Office.
- The solution is implemented as part of a HIPPA process for HIPPA compliancy.
About Storage Made Easy
The Storage Made Easy™ Enterprise File Fabric™ enables IT to regain control of “cloud data sprawl” to unify on-premises and on-cloud files into a single easily managed converged infrastructure with policy-based controls for governance, audit and security. The File Fabric solution provides a “blanket” enterprise wrap around all their data: on premises, within public and private clouds, as well as on third-party software vendor clouds (SharePoint Online and Salesforce for example).
Customers use the SME File Fabric product to unify corporate data to enable workgroup collaboration with universal controls for security, encryption, audit, and data access. Companies will have access to a greater understanding of where and how sensitive data is stored, transferred, and accessible with particular focus on how companies are able to police and audit data to ensure enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in addition to other regional data legislation.